Autoclaving is the most environmentally responsible process for treating Regulated Medical Waste. When it comes to handling Treated RMW, there are only two options, landfill & incineration. At Approved, we work with local waste to energy facilities to use treated RMW as fuel in the generation of electricity. The final product is ash, reducing your facility’s liability to zero.
Our Internal Commitment to sustainability shows how we lead by example.
- CORRUGATED CARDBOARD RECYCLING: We recycle over one ton of cardboard per week.
- PLASTIC RECYCLING: We recycle over one ton of stretch & blue wrap per month.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT LED LIGHTING: In an ongoing effort to reduce our carbon footprint, highly efficient LED fixtures have been installed throughout our facilities.
- REUSABLE CONTAINERS: The containers used to transport grinded plastics for recycling are reused, making our sharps waste recycling program a zero waste initiative!
- WASTE OIL RECYCLING: Waste oil generated from our fleet maintenance is used to heat our warehouse facilities.