Our Reusable Sharps Management Process
At Approved we are proud to offer the Rehrig Pacific Company’s line of reusable containers. The industries safest, most reliable, and complaint sharps and medical waste containers. With a variety to choose from, we have a solution to fit every need. While reusable sharps are traditionally utilized in acute care settings, our reusable containers are available to all of our interested clients.
We offer two options for reusable sharps service, Dockside, and Full-service.
With Dockside, your internal Environmental staff collects and changes out all of the containers throughout the facility. The containers are then delivered by hospital staff to an Approved truck and driver at the loading dock or similar location on a predetermined schedule.
If you choose our full-service option, at the time of your desired service schedule, our technicians will go room to room through your facility collecting & replacing your filled sharps containers with clean and sanitized replacements. Approved staff will transport all sharps to the central collection area where we can be prepared for transport to our processing facility.
Your facility’s sharps waste can be treated, ground down, and sent to a recycling facility where the various components (polypropylene, polyethylene, and stainless steel) will be separated and reused to create Medical & Industrial products. This ensures that the materials in these products will not go to waste and will be able to have a beneficial second life.
A reusable system is not only the best choice for your facility economically, but for the environment as well.
Approved’s Line of Reusable Sharps Containers
- Puncture resistant to prevent needle sticks
- Interchangeable nesting and stacking for efficient transport
- Semi-transparent body or sub-lid for monitoring waste safely to maximum fill line
- Standing containers feature multiple lids openings for restricted or unrestricted access for use
- Anti-microbial additives inhibit the growth of bacteria
- Smooth interiors for ease of cleaning
- Reinforced handles for safe carrying
- Foot pedal operated and wheeled dollies are available
- Unique bar code for management and cycle tracking
- FDA 510(K) Cleared for 300 cycles
- Meets and exceeds US and International standards for sharps containers.